You already want people to switch to Firefox. Now’s the time to get serious about it. Google is paying $1 for each new Firefox user you refer.
This is pretty amazing. Now you can advance your ideals, save people from popups and spyware hell, and make some serious money. Millions of people have heard about Firefox and are ready to switch–all they need is a friendly push.
That’s where these scripts come in. They’re specially formulated to give just the right push, maximizing souls-saved and dollars-for-you.
I just installed this script on this blog and I want to figure how this script work, giving me more money of course 😉
How to install this script into WordPress?
- You need a Google AdSense account to make referral money for each user switched.
- Download Explorer Destroyer and unzip the file.
- Pick which level you want to install and open the html file for that level in an html or text editor. See explorerdestroyer.com for demos of each level.
- Grab the file for the front page of your site and open it in an html or text editor. You should save a copy of the original file in case something goes wrong.
- Copy the entire contents of the script file and paste it into your HTML. Where you paste it is crucial. The easiest way to do this is to copy the contents of the script file, select the <BODY> tag in your current page and paste the script over it. That will replace your BODY tag with the correct BODY tag for the script and will place all the script contents where they need to be. In WordPress, you should paste your script into header.php file or you should search where the <BODY> tag exist.
- Insert your Adsense referral code into your html. In each of the three levels there’s a section of code that displays the ‘Get Firefox’ button. This code is also how Google tracks your referrals. You need to replace this code with the code for a button from your own Adsense account. To find where your Adsense button should go, look for the grey comment text that says:
<-- REPLACE THIS BLOCK OF SCRIPT WITH YOUR OWN FIREFOX REFERRAL BUTTON SCRIPT --> and ends with <-- -->
To get your own referral button, login to Adsense and click on the ‘Referrals’ tab. Then click on the ‘Firefox’ tab and copy the code for one of the buttons. We suggest using the medium-size square buttons.
- Optional: customize the html. You can make any changes you’d like to the HTML that displays when IE users come to your site. Adding a personal message from you is a great way to convince your readers to switch. I recommend to edit the default message because I not sure the default message is acceptable by Google’s policies. Correct me if I wrong 😉
Click the button on the right to download Firefox.
My custom personal message is:
I see you’re using Internet Explorer. I highly recommend Firefox for best view of my site. Try Firefox, you’ll like it better.
- Firefox blocks pop-up windows.
- It stops viruses and spyware.
- It’s better for web designers and developers.
- Features like tabbed browsing make reading webpages easier.
– my firefox referral button here –
But fell free to make your own message or use the default one 😉
- Well done! You should test it. Visit the page in Internet Explorer and make sure everything is working like a dream.
See the different view between Internet Explorer and Firefox
😀 Gud lak