Yesterday, I just installed flock on my personal computer, both into my operating system Ubuntu and Windows. It’s a time to compare between Firefox and Flock covering eachs strengths and weaknesses. Here is what I’ve found:
Firefox, is a great web browser, and is supported by many websites. You can download many themes and extensions via mozilla.com, but they all have their limits.
- Firefox Extensions! Firefox has a lot of extensions to expand your web browser.
- Firefox Themes. Firefox gives you the ability to fully customize your browser to look the way you want.
- Supported on most websites.
- You need to do some research and add alot of extensions to get the full potential out of Firefox.
- Extensions can slow your browsing down a bit and the memory leak, although much better, is still a bit of an issue.
Flock, The Social Web Browser, designed mainly for bloggers, and it is much like Firefox. Flock, suspiciously has everything Firefox has, because Flock uses the same codebase.
- Flock Extensions! You’ll notice a compatible version of many of your favorite Firefox extensions.
- Flock Themes.
- Sync up your web browser. You can sync up your browser with Flickr or Photobucket for your pictures, Del.icio.us for social bookmarking and with your blogging platform (Typepad, Blogger, WordPress, and Movable Type).
- My News, which allows you to subscribe to feeds with one click, drag and drop items into custom folders, and get notifications in one location.
- Star button in the address bar. It gives you a one click option to remember the webpage.
- Drag and drop photo comments on MySpace, eBay, LiveJournal and many other major sites.
- Batch upload pictures to Photobucket.
- Notification when Photobucket buddies put up new pictures.
- Search results as you type into the search box.
- Firefox has the best customization features and many websites support it. But, it crashes and has some flaws.
- Flock has special features, like Blogging tools, not found in any other browser. But, is beta, and has many bugs.
How about you, between Flock and Firefox: Which is better for you?
😀 Have a great day and gud lak!