After waiting for a several days, finally I get Google Analytics Invitation Code from Google Analytics Team. Now it’s time to install Google Analytics on my Blog
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics tells us everything we want to know about how our visitors found us and how they interact with our site. We’ll be able to focus our marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve our site to convert more visitors. In another word, Google Analytics is a statistics service provided free of charge by Google.
How do we sign up for Google Analytics?
There are several steps to sign up for Google Analytics:
- Sign up for Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics home page. From there, we’ll be able to create a new free account.
- If we don’t already have a Google Account, we’ll need to create one before signing up for Google Analytics. Google Accounts offer single sign-on to many of Google’s applications, and ensure the highest level of security for our account. We can create a new Google Account from the Google Analytics home page.
- If we’re an AdWords advertiser, we can also sign up for Analytics from within our AdWords account. Google Analytics has been closely integrated into our AdWords account under the new Analytics tab – click the tab and follow the instructions to start tracking AdWords campaign data and ROI information.
- For me, I have to wait for several days to get Google Analytics Invitation Code from Google Analytics Team. If You so lucky, may be you don’t have to wait like me So be patience for this.
How to install Google Analytics on our site
After we received Google Analytics Invitation Code, we have to follow the instructions below to redeem our invitation code:
Option 1: If we have an AdWords account
Signing up for Analytics is easy to do through our AdWords account:
- Log in to our AdWords account at adwords.google.com and click the Analytics tab
- When prompted for our unique invitation code, enter the characters of our invitation code:
That’s it, we’re done! Skip to the bottom of this message.
Option 2: If we don’t have an AdWords account
To sign up without an AdWords account, we’ll need to first make sure that we have a free Google Account before continuing with the sign-up process.
A Google Account is a single email address and password combination that allows us to log in to a variety of Google services, including Analytics, AdWords, Google Groups and our personalized Google home page.
- To create our free Google Account, click the link below. Once we’ve provided our information, we’ll need to respond to the verification email that Google send us.
- Next, add Google Analytics to our Google Account. Click the link below to start the Google Analytics sign-up process, and enter our Google Account information in the login box provided.
- When prompted for our unique invitation code, enter the characters below: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX
After that we need to “Add Website Profile” in the Google Analytics interface.
- Login Google Analytics Home and click “Add Website Profile” menu.
- Enter the URL of the site we would like to track and click finish button.
- Copy the Google Analytics code block into every webpage we want to track.
We’ll need to update the “xxxx-x” in the sample above with our own Google Analytics account number. Click done after that.
How to install Google Analytics on WordPress
We can install Google Analytics plugin for WordPress to track our WordPress. Please follow the instructions below to install Google Analytics plugin for WordPress:
- Download Google Analytics plugin for WordPress (I use Google Analytics plugin for WordPress from boakes.org. Thx for the plugin ).
- Unzip the file and copy it to our /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate it on the plugins page.
- Enter our Google Analytics User Account string (it?ll be something like UA-XXXXX-X. It appears when we “Add a channel”).
Now we can track our site or wordpress with Google Analytics. I don’t have any experience yet about Google Analytics. I have to explore about it. Good luck to you and me too
- Google Analytics Homepage
- How to creating an AdWords Starter Edition account
- Google Analytics plugin for WordPress