In my previous post there was quick and dirty solution to solve thumbnail size problem in WordPress. You need to touch and edit the WordPress code. No problem if You like it and learn something from this solution, just like me 😉
There is another solution to solve this problem.The smarter and more powerful solution 😀 You can use ImageManager plugin for WordPress.
The ImageManager plugin integrates the stand alone PHP ImageManager + Editor with WordPress. The ImageManager provides an interface for browsing and uploading image files on/to your server. The Editor allows for some basic image manipulations such as, cropping, rotation, flip, and scaling.
ImageManager Feature list:
- Simple image editor (crop, rotate, flip, and scale).
- Upload and delete images.
- Can be localized using the included ImageManager.pot file. Language files: Chinese, English (default), German, Japanese, Norwegian and Spanish.
- Supports the Role Manager plugin. Capabilities: Upload Files, Make Direcory, Edit Image and Delete Image.
- Add style using inline style or by setting a class name.
- Insert the selected image as; the original image, thumbnail with popup (create mini galleries), thumbnail with a link to the original image, thumbnail, or a text link to the original image.
- Lightbox support. Added rel=”lightbox” to the Thumbnail with link to image and to Link to image. This should make it possible to use the WP lightbox JS or other lightbox plugins together with ImageManager.
- You can disable the native WordPress Upload Files.
For more detail about this plugin please visit ImageManager website.
😀 Have a great day and gud lak!