Google has launched Google Insights for Search, a tool that helps advertisers and marketers understand searcher behavior. The tool offers a comprehensive set of statistics based on search volume and patters.
You can compare seasonal trends, geographic distributions, and category-specific searches, and you can group all these variables together to get extremely specific. In addition, Google allows you see “rising searches” overall or in a specific filter that you have set up.
We then show you a graph with the results, indicating interest over time, plotted on a scale from 0 to 100; the totals are indicated next to bars by the search terms.
Insights for Search shows the following search data
- relative keyword search trends for keywords (and A/B comparisons between keywords)
- top related keywords and hottest rising related keywords
- category based top keywords and category based hottest rising searches (and overall top 10 rising searches)
- category based keyword search volume trends, and the relative growth of a keyword compared to its category
- countries, states, and cities where a keyword query is popular
- you can also mash up many data points
Have a great day and gud lak!