About Mac Fonts
- Mac Fonts
- Lucida Grande
- Lucida Mac
You need Mac Fonts. You can download them from osx-e. After downloaded, you need to install them on Dapper Drake:
unzip Fonts.zip sudo mkdir /usr/share/fonts/macfonts sudo cp Fonts/* /usr/share/fonts/macfonts sudo fc-cache -f -v
Choose the Fonts
You can choose the fonts from:
System -> Preferences -> Font
From Font Preferences, I choose these following fonts:
- Application font: Lucida Grande 9
- Document font: Lucida Grande 9
- Desktop font: MACGrande 9
- Window title font: LucidaMacBold
- Fixed width font: Lucida Console
Feel free to make your own choice 😀
You need addition configuration to make your Mac Fonts look nice for you. Type command:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig
At the first fontconfig configuration screen, you can choose:
- Native if you want your fonts look like picture 1.
- Autohinter if you want your fonts look like picture 2.
- None if you want your fonts look like picture 3.
For the next screen, let them by default.
You may need restart your session to make changes effect by logout and login again. Please leave a comment here. Any comment will be appreciate. Thank You very much. Good luck…