Customize your Ubuntu Dapper desktop!
Gnome desktop has Icons, Controls and Window decoration, which you can modify. You can get a very nice desktop by changing them. You can find a lot of themes at Gnome-look. You can view my contribution on Gnome-look too. My nickname is cak3p 😉
Changing themes and icons
You should download these following themes from Gnome-look.
T-ish for Clearlooks for window theme and control by Tmilovan.
Humanoid-OSX window border by SineDie.
If you cannot find Humanoid-OSX anymore, you can download from these.
OSX Iconset that has a lot of OSX style icons by Kiddo.
After you have downloaded these packages please do these following steps:
– Go to “System -> Preferences -> Theme”. System menu can be found at the left upper corner of your screen.
– Select “Install Theme…” and browse to the folder where you just downloaded packages above.
– Select T-ish for Clearlooks package and continue. Now the theme manager installs the theme files so that they can be used.
– Repeat the same actions to the Humanoid-OSX and OSX iconset package.
– Select T-ish from theme list.
– Select Theme Details. Select Tish for Controls, Humanoid-OSX for Windows Border, OSX for Icons and click “Close”. Now you should have a new theme with new icons.
Metacity button position
You can change metacity window button position (minimize,maximize, close) from the right position as Ubuntu Dapper default position to the left position like window of OSX 😉
– Go to “Applications -> System Tools -> Configuration Editor” or using the “run program” action or a terminal, start gconf by typing: “gconf-editor” (without quote) and hitting enter. This program is a bit like the registry editor for windows.
– In the tree on the left you need to go to “/apps/metacity/general/”. There is then a key in the right pane called “button_layout“.
– edit this key so that it reads: “menu:minimize,maximize,close” to “close,minimize,maximize:menu” or “close,maximize,minimize:menu“. Feel free to make your own choice. 😉
You can change Ubuntu’s wallpaper by clicking right mouse button on your desktop and selecting “Change Desktop Background” from the pop-up menu. Now you should see the background selector. You can add new wallpapers to the list simply by clicking “Add wallpaper” button and browsing to the folder where you keep your wallpaper images. You can download OSX looking wallpaper from lxvweb or you can go to deviantART to get a lot of beautiful wallpaper ;).
You can view how to install and configure Mac Font on Ubuntu Dapper at my previous post.
The website hosting plans of any service provider are valuable on the basis of the specific criteria of quality and rating. You may subscribe for high speed internet connectivity of most reliable internet service providers. The reliability and functionality of anhosting plans are much worthy for the customers. If you want to have perfect website development, you should go to professional web Design Company.